Recap is a free pupil video response and reflection app. It allows teachers and parents awareness into their students learning and progress.
Recap delivers evidence of student thinking, expands formative assessment, and supports independent & personalised learning.
- Quickly and easily gather deep insights on each student for personalization and differentiation.
Build Reflective Practices
- Help each student and the whole class build upon each lesson with regular reflections.
- Meet common core standards with video that captures evidence of thinking when doing or completing assignments.
Keep parents engaged
- Share with parents to gain alignment and help answer “what did you learn in class today?”
How it works
- Assign Create and assign questions to a student, a group of students or the entire class to be answered during or after a lesson.
- Watch Get an overview of how each class is doing as a group or dig into individual responses for formative assessment.
- Share individual responses with other students, parents and educators, or show a daily review reel in class
How I used it
I first rolled out Recap with educators in a team meeting. I appreciated that the users did not have to make accounts in order to engage in the reflective activity nor did they need a specific device or app. Students aren’t the only ones who are hesitant to share their knowledge and reflective practice in front of their peers. the session went well with all educators enjoying the experience and willing to give the recap system a try.